Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It's the little things!

Keira went in for Chemo on Monday but we were pleasantly surprised when the doctor told us she only had to stay one night instead of five. She is home and doing ok but the side effects are definitely kicking in and we've been told that this combination is going to be tougher on her than anything she has had before. We are keeping our fingers crossed that she won't be in the hospital for her Birthday on August 8 or for her party on August 10 and that she feels well enough to enjoy it.

Yesterday Brendan Jr. painted a seashell for Keira and gave it to her as soon as he got home. He was so excited to give it to her and said he made it to make her feel better. She took it and said "Brendan this is so beautiful you're the best brother ever" and gave him a big hug than she told him "I will keep this with me all the time so I can think of you even when we aren't together". It was so awesome, I wish I got it on video. So cool to see that even with everything this little girl is going through she still takes pleasure in the littlest things. My daughter has already taught me more than I will ever teach her and she continues to amaze me everyday. I am so blessed to have such beautiful children inside and out.

I can't wait until the day when cancer is a distant memory until then, we'll continue to find joy in the little things because Keira wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment